WESTPORT, CT and MOORE, OK – July 2nd 2013 – Al’s Angels, a non-profit charitable organization founded by Westport, CT resident and CEO of Optimus Publishing Al DiGuido, announced today that the organization’s Angels for Oklahoma Teddy Bear Drive has collected nearly 2,000 new teddy bears that will be delivered today to the children and families in Moore, Oklahoma that continue to deal with the devastating impact of the recent tornadoes.
Earlier this month, Al’s Angels announced the launch of a major initiative to help young children and families impacted by the effects of the tornadoes in Moore, OK. The organization began collecting new teddy bears & funds as a small gesture of hope and love to these children and their families who have been dealing with such devastation and hardship.
Over the past month the results of this collection effort have been amazing:
- Al’s Angels volunteers are stepped up to help us raise funds and “stuff” over 175 Teddy bears with love to aid our efforts.
- Many of Al’s Angels financial supporters made very generous donations to provide funds to children and families in Moore, OK to aid rebuilding efforts in the area
- A legion of Al’s Angels members made New Teddy Bear donations to help the organization surpass its goal of 1,500 Teddy Bears for the children of Moore, OK.
- Al DiGuido – President of Al’s Angels & Arch Angel Joe Hemway will be making the 22 hour, 1,500 mile trip to deliver the Bears & the organization’s financial donation to the people of Moore, OK starting on Monday July 1st.
- Al’s Angels expects to arrive in Moore in the early afternoon of July 2nd.
“As members of Al’s Angels our mission has always been to perform acts of love and kindness as if sent by God,” said Al DiGuido, Founder of Al’s Angels. “As we mobilized to help those impacted by Hurricane Sandy here on the east coast last year, once again we could not sit idly by and witness the suffering of the children in Moore, OK without taking some action. We hope that these teddy bears and our financial support will provide joy, hope and love to those impacted by the devastating tornadoes.”
The work of Al’s Angels continues to draw tremendous attention and acceptance around US & Canada. The group currently has over 2,000 members who take an active part in the fund raising, meal assembly, gift wrapping and delivery. The organization holds a series of fund raisers throughout the year to provide it with the necessary funds to continue to expand its work reaching those who are suffering “under the radar” as found Al DiGuido often reminds donors.
|DOWNLOAD THE PRESS RELEASE PDF|